Thursday, November 13, 2014

Women in Comics

I decided to read Persepolis since I missed out on it a few weeks ago.



I found it interesting from the beginning. Simple black and white with a simplistic design. It was also full of information but didn't clutter the boxes as some comics tend to do. What I love are the titles of each section, which give a deeper understanding of the piece. Like the Bicycle section talks about revolution. What she means is that a revolution is like a bicycle in which it will stop if momentum isn't maintained.

As a biography, I enjoyed it. I don't care much for non-fiction work but it felt like I wasn't reading a biography as I connected to the story. Of course, I haven't been through everything she's been through but it still had elements that I could put myself into.

No comments:

Post a Comment